This conference station delivers a 360-degree video camera experience, 1080p active speaker tracking with Skype for Business and can be used as a SIP conference phone
Experience 1080p “around-the-table” video with Microsoft Skype for Business
The Polycom CX5500 Unified Conference Station delivers a unique HD voice and video collaboration experience in Skype for Business environments.
The CX5500 provides remote participants with 1080p HD active-speaker, video conferencing system that automatically tracks the flow of conversation. It also adds a unique 360-degree panoramic view of the conference room. Meetings are more productive and participants are clearly heard with Polycom’s legendary HD Voice technology, now featuring a dynamic audio range of 160Hz to 22,000Hz. The CX5500 can also be used to place voice-only calls as an IP conference system and phone.
- Reduce training costs with simple USB plug-and-play functionality that requires little or no training
- Users connect a USB cable to their laptop and use the Skype for Business client they already know—no remote required
- Lower support costs and realize a better ROI with increased room usage for collaboration and live video conferencing
- No need to provision a second conference phone in the room—the CX5500 also doubles as an IP conference phone when not used for Skype for Business video calls
Customers who do not need stand-alone SIP conference system and phone capability should consider the CX5100 (USB-only).
- 360° HD1080p USB camera with active speaker detection
- Active speaker and panoramic video conferencing stream output
- 6m (20 foot) microphone pickup range
- 160 Hz – 22kHz audio processing
- SIP conference phone operation through Skype for Business or an IP PBX
- Optimized for use with Skype for Business clients (PC and Mac)
- Add "around-the-table" video conferencing and VoIP calls to Office 365 Skype for Business Online
- Backward compatible with Skype for Business 2013 and Skype for Business 2010 (720p)
Optional extension microphones are available. Customers who do not need stand-alone SIP conference phone capability or who wish to use in Office 365 environments may also consider the CX5100 (USB-only).